Why Tiny Houses are Popular in PA
Just like everywhere else in the nation, every day, we are seeing more and more people looking at tiny houses for sale in PA. Not only are these tiny houses inexpensive and practical, they are also some of the most adorable homes that you will ever see.
Plus, when compared to a traditional single-family dwelling, the benefits of living in a tiny house become even more apparent.
Tiny houses are typically defined as 400 square feet or less, and only cost a fraction of what a full-sized home would. With the median value of the average PAs house nearing $250,000, it’s no wonder why people are so obsessed with the idea of the tiny house movement.
Not only do you save money when buying or building a tiny house, but you also save on space. Tiny houses are usually packed with ingenious, space-saving ideas that can miraculously turn a tiny house into a big home.
Most tiny homes are equipped with tables that can fold away or furniture that can double as storage space. Ideas like these make tiny houses great for people who are trying to simplify their lives and put more focus on the important things in life.
Above all, living in a tiny space is great for people of all ages. We are seeing both younger adults and professionals, buying and building tiny homes to avoid massive amounts of debts, and we are seeing older couples and retirees who are just trying to pay down and escape their debt.
The tiny house movement is starting to catch on and it’s catching on quick. No matter who you are, there are sure to be some benefits of the tiny lifestyle that will peak your interest.
The Benefits of Tiny Houses
- Debt-free – Now, not all tiny home owners are going to be debt-free right away. However, we do see many of our clients go on to pay off their homes much sooner than they would with a traditional mortgage. With the cost of tiny houses for sale in being as low as they are, some people are even able to cover the cost of their new tiny home with the profits made from the sale of their previous home. Tiny houses are also much cheaper to run monthly, and utility bills are usually a lot less than when living in a traditional house. With fewer bills, tiny home owners can put more money towards paying off their homes and are able to work towards living totally debt-free.
- Maintenance-free (well, almost… ) – With the size a tiny house being under 400 square feet, there is obviously a lot less maintenance involved in running your household. Even cleaning your home will take you less time since there isn’t as much room for you to collect clutter. The tiny house movement is based on simplicity, and when you literally don’t have the room for it, you usually tend to keep a cleaner household and collect fewer material possessions.
- Stress-free – As I said, living in a tiny house is about living a simple life. With fewer bills, less debt and less maintenance, tiny home owners typically carry around far less stress than the average home owner.
- Eco-friendly – One of the biggest reasons for people looking at tiny houses for sale in PA is that they are a much more environmentally friendly than traditional homes. Tiny houses are usually designed with a greener future in mind. Many people are interested in the tiny lifestyle because these houses are generally far more energy efficient than their bigger brothers. This means that they are easier to heat, easier to cool and that running your household will ultimately have less of an impact on the planet.
- Limitless – With all the amazing benefits that tiny living offers, it’s easy to see how your life becomes almost limitless. Some tiny homes are even built on wheels, which means you can move your entire life anywhere you can tow it, and you won’t have to leave your home behind.
Cost of Tiny Houses for Sale in PA
There is no exact answer to how much tiny homes for sale in PA will cost. There are constant fluctuations in the market and there are dozens of factors that can influence the cost of a tiny house. Depending on the size of the house, its location, what building materials were used and the size of the property, a tiny house can cost anywhere between $20,000 and $150,000. That said, most tiny homes sell for closer to $70,000 and $120,000.
Another major factor that will influence the price of your tiny home will be whether your buy or build.
If building, and hiring a professional tiny house builder, be sure to know exactly what you get for the price you are quoted. There are some builders who advertise tiny homes for as low and $30,000, but a price this low will likely not include a complete, move-in ready home.
A good builder will make sure that you know what you are paying for and some may even furnish the home for you.
Where Can I Get a Tiny House in PA?
When looking to adopt the tiny house lifestyle, you typically have two options. You’re either going to have to buy a tiny house, or you can have one built. Some of the more ambitious tiny home owners even take it upon themselves to learn how and build their own homes by themselves.
There are, of course, pros and cons to both options. Building your own house can even save you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. However, unless you are knowledgeable in construction codes and practices, it’s probably a better idea to enlist the help of a qualified tiny house contractor.
Why is Hiring a Builder Better Than Looking for Used Tiny Homes for Sale in PA?
There are many reasons as to why hiring a builder is a better option than buying a tiny house.
Firstly, and most importantly is the fact that tiny house builders are knowledgeable professionals that have usually been in the business of building tiny houses for many years. With this type of experience under their belts, contractors know all the ins and outs of what goes into building a quality home. They build homes that are solid and that will last for all the years to come.
A good tiny house contractor will usually even offer to furnish your house for you. And, some contractors may even offer warranty on their work for a set amount of time. Above all, a good builder will work with you when building your tiny home. This means that they will get to know what your needs are and what expectations you have in mind. A good builder will always do the absolute most they can to meet those needs.
What Can We Offer
As we’ve already mentioned, a good tiny house builder should always work with their clients. A solid relationship with our customers ensures that we get to know exactly what it is that you are looking for. This gives us a better idea of how we can make your time with us even more enjoyable, and with customer satisfaction as one of our core values, we have committed ourselves to offering our clients access to some of the most beautiful tiny houses for sale in PA.
Here, at Build Tiny House, we have a team of knowledgeable staff that are dedicated to making the build process as smooth and painless as possible. We know that moving can be a stressful time. Even more so when you are moving into a house that is the size of most people’s living rooms and you’re likely parting with a lot of your personal possessions. That’s why we want to take on all the hard work for you. This way, you can sit back, relax and watch your tiny dream home get built from the ground up.
We take the tiny house movement very seriously and know that our customers do to. They usually have a few common thoughts in mind when moving into and adopting the tiny house lifestyle. One of the biggest reasons for the tiny house movement is to try and reduce our impact as a species on the environment. Knowing this, at Build Tiny House, we do our best to offer our customers options that are both practical and sustainable, such living accommodations that are more energy efficient and using renewable building materials.
Build Tiny House is proud to announce the recent addition of Timber Framed houses to our design lineup. Timber is a renewable resource that is versatile, non-toxic and works as a natural insulator. Over the centuries, it has proven its worth as a building material and continues to be a reliable and conscious choices when it comes to building a house.
As more people are starting to realize all the benefits of living in a tiny house, the demand for these small homes continues to grow exponentially. The market for these houses has never been hotter, which is why we want to offer an unrivaled experience to our customers. We can guarantee that throughout the entire build process, we will be right there by your side, working with you, to make your dream a reality.
Part of our mission is to bring tiny houses to the entire country. That’s why, Build Tiny House is happy to offer free delivery to anywhere in the United States.
Laws Regarding Tiny Houses in PA
There are no laws that govern tiny houses in all jurisdictions. Each state, city and township will have their own set of laws and regulations concerning small homes. When trying to determine which laws apply to your situation, there are a few key factors that you will want to keep in mind:
- Will the tiny house be a permanent dwelling or only a seasonal home?
- Will the house be on a foundation or built on wheels?
- Are there size requirements for single-family homes in your municipality?
- Are there any other structures on the property you’re planning on using?
With the tiny house movement constantly growing, many state and municipal laws have yet to catch up with this newer type of home. Therefore, it is crucial that you do thorough research and know what is and is not allowed in your area.